Thursday, November 10, 2011
Tools for Daily Life
2. http://www.urbanbabybonnets.com/- awesome hats- with wonderful coverage for your two month old and on.
3. http://bit.ly/t23CLG- we still use this- although it's close to time to transition out of it- made the car so much more bearable.
4. We also bought window tint from a local hardware store and covered her bedroom windows as well as any other room we are in often. They have also done this at her daycare, as well as filtering the overhead lights.
5. We made sure most lights in our house have a shade that is under the bulb, rather than over,.
6. Bamboo shades let it in the perfect light.
7. http://www.ergobabycarriers.com/babycarriers/item/BC2EP/-the Ergo carrier is great because it has a hood which is perfect for when she falls asleep and you can take her glasses off for comfort.
8. We also have a great stroller shade- but I can't find a link for it right now. It does look a lot like this: http://bit.ly/rPKUBx
9. And again...we just follow Avery- if she takes her glasses off outside for the fourth time in a row and appears to be fine- what can you do? We look for signs of discomfort but if there aren't any- we let it be.
10. http://bit.ly/u7OWmE - Maybe not this exact one- but in the early days this cheap toy - really helped Avery to get her eyes to focus and follow.
11. And additional sensory toys. A friend of ours who lives in the UK has used these with his son who has Aniridia. http://www.sensorytoywarehouse.com/
Please- if anyone has any other suggestions- let me know and I'll put it on this page!